These settings determine the geocoding service you wish to use, the default country's maps to use, and the google Maps JS API key you will use to display maps and optionally geocode your listings that do not already have Lat/Long coordinates.
- Go to the Google Developer Console
- From the projects list, select a project or create a new one
- If the API Manager page isn’t already open, open the menu and select API Manager
- On the left, choose Credentials
- Click ‘Create credentials’ and then select ‘API key’
- Choose ‘Browser key’
- Give the key a meaningful name.
- You can leave the HTTP Referrers field blank. If you are concerned about security, enter a referrer: for most sites, use yoursite.com/* (Google’s example applies if you have subdomains). You can alternatively restrict access by IP address.
- Copy the API key and click ‘OK’
- Login to your Open-Realty administration area as the admin user and enter your API key using the TransparentMAPS config area via the API/Geocoder tab making sure that Google Geocoder Priority: is set to "First" and save.
Google GeoCoder Priority: - The priority of the Geocoder when geocoding listings. Applicable if you have more than one geocoder service setup.
Alternate GeoCoder Key: - If you create or use a custom Geocoder script with TransparentMaps and it requires a Key, enter it here.
Alternate GeoCoder Priority: - The priority of your custom Geocoder when geocoding listings.
Default Country: If you are using TMAPS for listings outside of the US, enter your country name here. e.g.: "Mexico"
These settings are global content, feature, and formatting settings..
- Prepend Custom URL: - If Prepend Custom URL is set to yes, this adds extra variables to the URL via the Custom URL field that will appear before the normal Open-Realty link. This is disabled (No), by default.
- Custom URL: - Add any custom variables, switches etc to your URL's by adding them to this field. Default is for a Joomla CMS integration installation. Must turn on the Prepend Custom URL setting to use this feature.
- Default Latitude: - The Default Latitude coordinate for the initial center point of the map while it loads your dynamic map content and points. Only displayed briefly on most systems until the map is fully loaded. The default value is approximately centered on the United States. Change this to your general location.
- Default Longitude: - The Default Longitude coordinate for the initial center point of the map while it loads your dynamic map content and points. Only displayed briefly on most systems until the map is fully loaded. The default value is approximately centered on the United States. Change this to your general location.
- Default Zoom: - The Default Zoom Level for the initial center and zoom of the map while it loads your dynamic map content and points. This will be the zoom level of maps which display a single listing, such as the listing map. Maps that load multiple listings, such as the area map, will automatically adjust the zoom level to fit all the listings on the map. Lower number = Zoom out higher number up to 13 = Zoom in.
- Scroll Wheel Zooms: - If set to yes, rotating the mouse scroll wheel will zoom the map in and out.
- Enable Dragging: - Control if the user will be able to drag and recenter the map using their mouse.
- Icon Width: - Width of the icons/markers/pins on the Google map in pixels.
- Icon Height: - Height of the icons/markers/pins on the Google map in pixels
- Show Drop Animation: - If set to yes, the map marker pin(s) will drop-in from the top of the map and land in their proper locations.
These settings affect the google Maps infowindows that are generated when a user clicks on a map marker pin. The infowindow itself can be styled and the order of information modified by editing the infowindow template located at:
CSS styles that affect the infowindow are located at:
The first 6 options include pre-defined fields that you can choose to show on the info window. Each option is fairly self-explanatory, select the Open-Realty listing fields you want to display in the infowindow. The Title through Zip code options are determined by what is set in Open-Realty's Site Config under the Listings tab, Map Settings section. You can additionally select up to 6 other Open-Realty listing fields to be displayed in the info window and the type of captioning for that field (Value only, Caption only or Both).
The Text fields can also be quite useful. There is one before and after every listing FieldX selection. These are what allow you to add more content to the the layout of the info window that appears when you click on a listing marker pin. You can use either html markup or regular text in these Text fields.